It isn’t. If we read our scriptures and familiarize ourselves with the patterns of the Lord we will see that that is exactly what the call to gather is, a pattern. It has happened many times already! The following was compiled by a friend of mine who wished to remain anonymous.
Here is a list of at least 49 times that the righteous have to leave.
1. Brother of Jared
4. Saints in Europe coming to Utah. Many ancestors answered the call of Joseph Smith to immigrate to America and join with the saints in Utah. Left their homelands and relatives.>>
5. Alma fleeing wicked King Noah
6. Alma’s fleeing from Lamanite bondage. Mosiah 24
7. Puritans and Pilgrims
8. Children of Israel fleeing Egypt
9. Enoch. Moses 7:27
10. Mary and Joseph to Egypt
11. Saints fleeing from Jerusalem and Titus in 70 A.D.
12. Limhi’s people fleeing Mosiah 22:6-1 People of Limhi deliver themselves from bondage by departing into the wilderness with tents, flocks, families. They couldn’t do it by the sword–were out-numbered. Went out the back pass. Mosiah 22:2
13. Nephi fleeing from Laman and Lemuel
14. Ammon and his Anti-Nephi-Lehi’s fleeing the Lamanites Alma 27
15. Mosiah flees Omni 1:12
16. Joseph of Aramanthea in Jewish legend driven from Jerusalem in a boat with Mary, Martha, Lazarus, Mary Magdalene and others. (Fascinating Story)
17. The ten tribes fleeing from bondage to the north.
18. Abraham from Ur of the Chaldees. Hebrew 11:8
19. Another Jewish legend of Jeremiah fleeing to Egypt and then to England and Ireland before the destruction of Jerusalem.
20. Lot from Sodom and Gommorah.
21. The Nephites flee from their homes and gather together to fight the Lamanites and Gadiantons, pooling all their supplies for 7 years.
22. Alma and Amulek flee Ammoniah. Alma 15:16
23. Zoramites cast out and flee to Jershon. Alma 35
24. The people of Ammon vacate Jerson so the Nephites can battle the Lamanites there. Alma 35:13
25. Ishmael and his family join Lehi in fleeing Jerusalem. 1 Nephi
26. Noah flees the world on an ark.
27. Jacob flees to Egypt to get food.
28. The saints flee Kirtland to go to Missouri
29. Then they flee Missouri to go to Nauvoo
30. Then they flee Nauvoo to Salt Lake
31. Adam and Even have to leave the Garden of Eden to start a new life. The pattern was set when Adam and Eve were sent out of the garden of Eden and into the wilderness, a journey that must have been quite an education in the school of hard knocks.
32. Hyrum Smith received a revelation saying his life was in danger and to move his family from Palmyra to Colesville, N.Y. He packed that night and left the next morning. “Life of Joseph Smith by His Mother”
33. Father Smith’s life was in jeapordy. He was warned to flee but didn’t leave soon enough and was thrown into prison where he spent a month. After his release he immediately moved his family to Waterloo, NY and most of the Smith family would never see Palmyra again. “Life of Joseph Smith by his
34. Joseph and Emma flee Palmyra with the gold plates to live in Harmony, PA.
35. Joseph flees from Harmony to Colesville or Fayette?
36. No sooner had the early saints settled themselves with good herds and good homes in Salt Lake City, UT than they were called to leave it all and settle St. George, Arizona and other places in between. One group of great grandparents were called to St. George to settle there and then again were called to colonize Arizona making 3 callouts.
37. The saints fleeing U.S. marshalls into Mexico to save their families.
38. Moroni flees the rest of his life from the Lamanites.
39. Zoramites find out which people believe Alma’s and Amulek’s words and cast them out of the land. They go to Jerson. Alma 35:6-9. Verse 14 “Those who repented were driven out of the land.”
40. Peter, James, and John, “And straight way they forsook their nets and followed him.” Mark 1:16-18
41. Jesus fleeing Nazareth when they tried to kill him, never to return to his home town.
42. Omar is warned to flee because Akish and his secret band are going to kill him so Akish can marry Jared’s daughter and give Jared the kingdom. Ether 9:3
43. The people in the city Moroni fled to the city Nephihah. Alma 51:24
44. Jacob fled when Simeon his son killed those who had abducted his daughter Dinah.
45. Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, fled with “the residue of the people of God” and “came out from the land, which was called Shulon, and dwelt in a land of promise…” Moses 6:17
46. 2000 strippling preschoolers left the Order of Nehor and Amulon to be taught by their mothers following the missionary Ammon.
47. The saints at Haun’s Mill were told to leave by Joseph Smith.
48. And the prophet did send out a letter to the nations calling for the Jews to return to Jerusalem. If they had listened they would have been spared the holocaust.
49. The saints fled from Johnston’s Army back in Brigham Young’s day.
There is also another pattern the Lord has followed in the scriptures. He usually gathers his people out during the spring or the fall and either around or on the holy days. All the holy days occur during the spring (March -May) and during the fall (Sept – Nov.) time. For example, the Israelites left on the night of passover which is during the springtime. They were also only given a 72 hour time frame to escape. Keep in mind that general conference is in the spring and in the fall as well. And, the solaces within the universe always occur during this time too.
Here is a thread about it.
President Hinckley’s General Conference talk of October 2001 (Living the Fullness of Times), he told the church “The Vision of Joel has been fulfilled.”
Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
Joel 2:29 “And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.”
This happened in the New Testament as well when Agabus prophesied of a coming famine that would be especially hard on the members in Jerusalem. Now, Peter and Paul did not receive this information. At the time, Peter was at the head of the church and Paul was an apostle. The members heeded his forewarning by preparing and sending invaluable aid to those members in Jerusalem by the hand of Paul and Barnabus. Agubus was called a prophet, not because of his church calling (which we do not know what that was) but because he had the gift of prophesy. He also later prophesied of Paul’s imprisonment and death. He was not rebuked but was believed and sustained by them.
Many people are having visions and dreams about this gathering that is coming. Here is just a brief summary of what they are seeing: They see a call coming from the prophet to the bishops and through the proper priesthood channels letting you know it is time to leave. Then, the trucks come to pick up the food storage in the early hours of the night. After the food and possibly supplies are loaded onto the trucks. Then, you are told where to go. Now, every area may be different so some may leave in individual cars, or meet and leave in groups, caravans and so forth. I’m just giving you a general overview of what they are seeing.